A website dedicated to pictures of places around the world, although mostly of the Yorkshire Dales, started as no more than a glorified photo album.
I have expanded my blog to include my hobby of Mountain Biking, it now includes Route Maps and .gpx files for you GPS devices, as well as pictures and videos taken around the routes and some form of descriptions. I have tried to make the routes fairly clear but you should always have a look at the local OS Maps before you set off, as I figure if you are riding wild in the Yorkshire Dales you need to be able to read a map and use a Compass and also your mobile phone won`t always have a signal!
Routes are supplied just as a guide, if you get lost then I take no responsibilty!
Also if you are following any of my guides, please make sure you have pack all your essential kit, it can be some walk to nearest local bike shop.
I always take some spare kit with me on my rides around the Fells.
1. Spare Inner Tube and Pump
2. Puncture Repair kit with tyre levers.
3. Backpack with Water + Snacks
4. Cycle Multi-tool & a Leatherman Multi-tool
5. Cable Ties
6. Spare Chain Links and Chain Tool
7. Compass, Whistle and an OS Map if somewhere new
8. First Aid Kit
9. Windproof in the Summer
10. Full waterproof in the Winter + Hat, gloves, Neck warmer
11. Charged Phone
12. Cash for payphone and Pint!
13. Lights in the Winter
14. Sun Screen and Lip Balm in the Summer
Good kit Guide at the British Cycling Website
Enjoy the view and if you have any comments then please feel free to contact us.